Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Snow Angel

This is one of a dozen cards I made for a Paper Traders ATC swap. The description of the swap was "Ornaments can be any shape as long as they remain within ATC dimensions, are decorated front & back including a small signature and incorporate a hanging device of some kind.". The hostess is Gisele of Jersey UK.
I kind of stayed within the rules. The card itself is ATC size but the embellishments stick out a bit. Lets just say it definitelty WON'T fit inside the standard plastic sleeve. But it'll look great on a tree.
The found the image of the young girl on a disc I bought from Luna Girl. I added wings and painted the furry parts with irridescent medium. I glued on mica bits, snow glitter and opalescence flakes. Trimmed with birch twigs dipped in fake ice. Added a boingy wire to hang and shredded a very wide ribbon to create the fringe trim. It reminds me of an old tree top angel we had as children with hair of fiberglass strands.
On the back is a quite by Norman Vincent Peale: "Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."

I have six left from this series if anyone wants to trade a christmas ornament, one for one. Let me know. I'd love to start a collection of paper ornaments. :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

I think your Angel ATC is beautiful! You added so much to it, the fringe, the hanger even the backing..I need to make one for a group I am in and looking for ideas...I would love to return to your blog and see your work some more.. Thank you for sharing.
Lori